The most advanced skincare technology is developed in South Korea. The beauty industry is supposedly 10–12 years ahead of the rest of the globe!
Comparatively speaking, women in South Korea spend the most money on skincare.
Over $13 billion is reportedly spent annually on the South Korean beauty industry.
The inventive nature of K-beauty products has caught the attention of the West. 2011 saw K-entry beauty in the American market, and currently, it ranks as the third-largest export destination for South Korean cosmetics firms.
What does the data say about Korean skincare influence?
A survey on the global acceptance of South Korean cosmetics in 2021 found that 35.8% of respondents said that Korean cosmetics were extremely well-liked in their nation. Even among the public, K-beauty was well-known and well-liked, and there was a substantial market for related products. According to the same survey, the most well-liked cosmetics in Indonesia and the UAE were Korean-made.
In another survey report, The United States (US$91.41bn in 2023) generates the most revenue for Korean skincare products compared globally.
Brief History of Skin Care In Korea
The three kingdoms of Goguryeo, Baekje, and Shilla are perhaps the time when K-beauty first gained fame.
Women in Korea used makeup to give the impression that they were in good health.
· Natural ingredients were used in different forms to formulate facial cleansers, lotions, oils, and creams, in addition to colored powders, rouge, and eyebrow ink in antiquity.
· "Jodu," or ground mung beans, gourd stems juices were an inevitable part of bathing rituals.
· Oils like castor, camelia, peach, apricot, and safflower oils were applied for skin hydration as these are very high in vitamin E and fatty acids.
· Perfumes were created from dried clove buds for their deodorizing effect and medicinal benefits.
· "Mibun" or "baekbun," the names for ground millet and rice, were utilized as face powders to give a flawless finish to the makeup
Natural Ingredients And Their Role in the Korean Skin Care Industry
K-beauty is undoubtedly here to stay. Its products are incomparable, and it has unrivaled global domination. We present a list of the top natural components used in K-beauty products.
Some Brands have also built a reputation for naturalness, in line with consumer demand, mainly thanks to botanical ingredients such as Ginseng, Mugwort Extract, Licorice Root, Bamboo Extract, and Birch Extract.
Let’s dig deep into these magical ingredients and discover why they are popular.
- Ginseng, also known as the root of immortality, is a superfood used in ancient medicine for centuries. Ginseng is known as a "natural skin balancer." The ingredient is used in K-beauty routines due to its rejuvenating and restoring properties.
- Antioxidants strengthen the body's combat against free radicals. Hence, it supports clear and healthy skin. Its antioxidant properties protect the skin from free radicals and other environmental aggressors that can cause fine lines and wrinkles.
- Ginseng's coffee-like energizing factors will complement any skincare regimen, helping to brighten and revitalize the complexion. It might even be used to treat skin conditions like acne.
· Mugwort is a skin-protective herb. It naturally combats breakouts because it is high in antioxidants. Several Korean skin care products contain Mugwort, used to soothe and treat sensitive and acne-prone skin.
· Mugwort contains vitamin E, which helps skin retain moisture. Mugwort can also "relieve redness on the skin and makes skin look more radiant.
· It might treat breakouts, potentially treat bumps, and aid in the fight against skin cysts.
· Licorice root has numerous skin benefits when used in skincare products. Licorice root has been found to have skin-brightening properties and can prevent dark spots and hyperpigmentation. It slows down melanin production and increases pigmented cell production to even skin tone.
· Licorice root, as an antioxidant, protects the skin from free radicals that cause sun damage and premature skin aging. Licorice root, as an astringent, might reduce redness, regulate oil production, and soothe irritated skin.
· Because licorice root is a mild ingredient, it can be combined with more potent active ingredients like Vitamin C, niacinamide, and retinol.
· This superfood contains beneficial skin ingredients that support skin healing and regeneration. This is because bamboo contains 70% natural silica, an organic compound essential for the body that works to keep your skin looking healthy, supple, and radiant.
· Bamboo extract is also high in essential compounds like amino acids and flavonoids, antioxidants that generally protect the skin from oxidative stress. This is an essential ingredient because it aids protection against UV damage which prematurely ages the skin and irritates acne-prone skin, making it look worse.
· Birch Juice is fantastic for irritated and sensitive skin. This excellent skin-beneficial ingredient contributes significantly to achieving flawless skin that glows radiantly from within.
· This great skincare ingredient has a texture like coconut water and provides excellent beauty benefits. It is also high in skin-loving nutrients that penetrate deeply into the skin to keep it healthy and nourished for longer.
Where can you buy these cosmetic ingredients wholesale in bulk?
All the natural ingredients listed above are the manufacturers' top picks for skincare products, and they are embraced by millions of consumers seeking a natural beauty regimen.
If you are looking for a reliable supplier of these ingredients, choose Green Jeeva.
Green Jeeva is a well-known herbal wholesale distributor to simplify the global supply chain. They do all the legwork for you, allowing you to focus solely on your core business. They can help you get authentic and well-documented products as quickly as possible.
The Korean skincare industry has established a standard that is now emulated by the beauty industry worldwide. The international community prefers natural skincare products; thus, the K-beauty industry must keep up with consumer demands and trends by producing more natural skincare products to maintain its position as a skin care industry leader.
You must be logged in to post a comment.